Sunday, March 28, 2010

Norton Museum 1

While in Florida I went to the Norton museum with my mom and grandma. I saw the Avedon Fashion photography exhibit, which was not all that impressive. the Photos are nice, but they do nothing to really keep me interested. All of the shots were setup in chronological order, which didn't really help because the way the photos were taken didn't change until the very end when Richard Avedon started using color and computers. The photos seemed to be more about the body and its pose rather than the clothes that were on them. Since I am not legally allowed to take photos of his work, which I didn't realize until a security guard said so, i cannot put his photos on this post. However I can give a link, cause that is not plagiarizing or doing anything wrong, right?

http://www.norton.org/Exhibitions/Current/AvedonFashion19442000/tabid/414/Default.aspx


What I also saw when I was at the Norton museum was a bunch of truly inspirational quotes from artists. Here are some:
" Art is a habit forming drug" - Marcel Duchamp
" Art is one creative flow upward...." - Alexander Archipenko
" To be an artist is to believe in life." - Henry Moore
" Color is my daylong obsession and torment." - Claude Monet
" Do not finish your work too much." - Paul Gauguin
" If I think, everything is lost." - Paul Cezanne (my favourite artist....NOT! cause of the project I had to do on him in middle school).
" ...the highest style has the least of common nature." - Joshua Reynolds
" A man paints with his brains and not with his hands." - Michelangelo ( The exact opposite of what Cezanne said).
There are many more in the museum, but I won't list them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment