Sunday, February 28, 2010

Centered mostly

Usually when I see a photo of anything, and by anything I mean a singular object with background stuff, the main focus is put slightly off to one side. To me that prevents the upfront, almost confrontational in your face, here it is, type of photo that Voit made. However, I do like he juxtaposes technology into nature, well the people who made the cell towers did that, but he shows us that. Personally I have seen a cell tower like this in Massachusetts, so I think it's humorous that someone would photograph these ugly things.
The way he photographed them makes the cell towers almost seem natural, almost. Not only there is the clash of technology and nature with the cell towers, but there is then the third element of Voit's camera trying to capture those elements in his third. That to me seems to make his color photos mixed media. One thing that is off-putting to me is that the skies in all of the photos have so much blue, that it takes away from the centered object. I seem to lose the "trees" in all the bluye of the sky, even though it is literally smack-dab in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment