Wednesday, July 22, 2009

wowzas! A lot about a little thing

At the MCA I am in the photography class, and computer animation. I have taken one roll of film for the class and developed it today, but someone decided to take my negatives and finish developing them their self, so I don't know how they came out. Also I went to the MFA today and quickly view most of what was their. I stopped and gazed at an elephant steerer (I don't know how it works though). it was from the 17th century made in India and out of steel. it was composed of around 23 different steel parts with extremely intricate and delicate designs on it of Hindu gods and animals. It was amazing to see the craftsmanship of people who couldn't use modern tools to create something that was, so amazingly beautiful. I drew a rough sketch of it, and stood gaping at its wonder for a good half hour. Then I realized I had to get back to my class, so I went and by that time the time at camp was about over. I wish I had gotten to see some of the contemporary stuff there, but I know that I can go back at anytime, so I will and take more of it in. It is just too big to see in one visit, which is why I love going back each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment